The last few days have been appearing to be positive. Our ward and some of our family had a fast for Michael on Sunday. When I came in on Sunday I was surprised at the significant improvement in his condition. So far as of today, he has lost 14 kg of fluid. His sleeping is better. His movement is better. He is feeling a little worse today, nausea and vomiting, but still an overall improvement. He has been eating better, save this morning. We are hopeful that he will continue without any further setbacks, but we also know from watching others on this unit that is not always the case. We trust the Lord will give us the strength and ability to weather all that is in store for us.
ON Saturday I was feeling a little tired and overwhelmed. There had been a few too many visitors and some were more challenging than others to have around. By the time they left I just wanted to go home and have a break from all of this. I commented to Michael and Danielle that I wanted to go home, and probably could have in terms of Michael's care he was in the hospital and the nurses were taking care of what he physically needed, but he was having a hard time emotionally. He was feeling tired of being sick, exhausted, in pain and just overall discouraged. He started to cry because it was all too much and then a few minutes later told me it was ok if I left. But, I knew that it wasn't really ok. He really wasn't feeling strong enough to do this on his own. I told him that I wasn't leaving him to handle this on his own. He looked relieved and then offered to give me a blessing. I took him up on his offer and it was a very sweet experience for us both. He wept as he blessed me and promised me that the Lord's spirit would be with my family as I could not be, he promised me strength and we were both edified. How sweet the blessings of the Lord have been to us at this time.
8 years ago



2 comments:
Terri - do you still use skype from time to time? Sara's family has started using it regularly. I have no idea how to use it but we decided yesterday we were going to go purchase a webcam and microphone so we could join in on all the fun.
Thanks for the updates on Michael. We hope and pray for all of you, especially that Michael's recent patterns of improvement continue.
Terri, that is what God's Grace is...that Michael can ask for blessing on you in the midst of all that. It is humbling and beautiful.
Post a Comment